Sunday, May 23, 2010

Thanks Ofer!

After my wonderful experience in the Misrad HaP'nim, I took all my information and faxed it to Ofer at Machal, so he could file it with the army and get back to me with my Tzav Rishon. For those of you unfamiliar with army lingo, a Tzav Rishon is a command to appear at the army draft offices for a physical, medical, and psychological profiling. Once you get profiled, you are assigned to a unit based on your capabilities. I called Ofer to confirm he recieved the fax, and he told me to wait a week and call back.
So exactly one week later I called back, and the games began. Ofer told me he had not received my details and told me to fax them again. Ok, I faxed them again, and called once again to confirm he received them. I was once again told that in a week I would get my Tzav Rishon.
So I called back today. Ofer told me that I would have to wait yet another week for an unspecified reason. I called back the main office and got Ofer's boss's cell number. When I called him, he happened to be in a meeting at the time with Ofer. He placed Ofer on the line, and Ofer explained to me that the reason for the delay was the fact that I was missing a signed letter stating that I have not been in Israel for more that one year straight. Why couldn't he tell me that when I called him?

No comments:

Post a Comment