Thursday, June 10, 2010

America VS. Israel-Choosing a University

So my parents have been bothering me lately about my plans for life after the army. They are making the case for me to come back to the states. I want to go to college in a religious environment, and pursue a degree in mathematics. So here is your head-on comparison of Yeshiva University VS. Bar Ilan University

Yeshiva University Bar Ilan University
Location Washington Heights Givat Shmuel
Tuition $34,540 NIS 12,500 or $3,247.18
Ranking 42nd in United States 43rd in Asia
Student Body 6,513 (incl. Post-Grads) 26,800
President's Salary $834,000 Undisclosed

Well, with the difference in price, at Bar Ilan, I could fly home and visit my parents for every weekend of the academic year! Also, If I make Aliyah, my tuition in Bar Ilan is free. The choice is clear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment