Monday, June 14, 2010

Grilling on the Gazan Border

So today after my brief visit to the Lishkat Hagius, where I wasn't helped due to the fact that Limor was not in, I took a trip down to the Gazan border with a few administrators from Yeshivat Netiv Aryeh to make a barbecue for our four soldiers serving near Kissufim. On the way down, I got a call from the Lishkah informing me that I have to go there tomorrow anyways for a Machal interview. I guess I'll try to kill two birds with one stone and sort out the Michve Alon fiasco while I'm there anyways.
After a nice drive we arrived at the Givati base near Kissufim, and barbecued outside for a good 3 hours with the soldiers of the Rotem '09 brigade. The Yeshiva sponsored a barbecue for ~50 guys in the unit. After Mincha followed by sunset over Gaza, we relaxed with the guys from the brigade. It was a nice relief for them from the constant stress on the border, and it was satisfying for us knowing that we helped out the guys who give up years of their lives to keep the inhabitants of Israel safe. Kol Hakavod Rotem '09!

No comments:

Post a Comment